Product successfully added to your shopping cart
De-nitrate™ is an economical, natural, porous material with a pore distribution and geometry that promotes both aerobic nitrification within the first few millimeters of depth and anaerobic denitrification at the core. The material has a high surface area and supports a high density of bacteria. Although De-nitrate™ has capacity to trap nitrate, this, as with other nitrate retaining materials, such as certain zeolites and synthetic resins, is quite limited and the primary mechanism of nitrate removal is anaerobic. “Live” rocks or reef rocks remove nitrate by anaerobic denitrification. De-nitrate™ removes nitrate by the same process.
- Removes nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, and organics
- Ideal for cultivating beneficial anaerobic bacteria
- No danger of hydrogen sulfide production as with sulfur based media
- An ideal biological filter and filer additive in drip trays, canister filters, sumps, and box filters
- Safe for use in both freshwater and saltwater
Net 500 ml (7.0 oz)