Hikari Accuprobe Hydrometer
A highly accurate, easy to use, wide range specific gravity meter for marine aquarium use. Designed to eliminate inaccuracy issues common with competitive quick-dip hydrometers while helping you take a water sample from a greater depth that is free of the negative impact of surface influences.
Durable Construction For Extended Life
- "Dry Hands" design avoids contamination of aquarium or water
- Takes a more "true" water saple at a 6 inch depth, avoiding inaccurate surface sampling
- Accurate to ±0.001 specific gravity and salinity (PPT) measurements
- Auto temperature-correcting design to give a temperature-corrected reading in warm water aquariums - 68°F to 85°F (20°C to 30°C)
- Readings can be taken in or outside the aquarium
- Self-leveling, hanging device collects perfect samples
- Scientifically verified design offers the ultimate in accuracy
Note: Before using for the first time, to season the measurement needle, fill the hydrometer with saltwater from your aquarium and allow it to sit full of this water on a level surface for 24 hours. This rehydrates the calibration disc to its original specs and calibration standard and will provide the most accurate readings going forward.
- Submerge hydrometer approximately 6 inches to water level line.
- When water reaches the fill line level (top of dam) remove hydrometer and place on a level surface to take the most accurate reading.
- Avoid air bubble adherence to the pointer as this will result in inaccurate, higher than normal readings. Should air bubbles collect on pointer, gently tap hydrometer to dislodge them before taking your reading.
- Read specific gravity on inside scale and salinity in parts per thousand (PPT) on the outside scale. A recommended specific gravity of 1.020 to 1.023 is desirable for most marine aquariums.
- Rinse with fresh water after each use to maintain optimum accuracy.
Salt deposits may accumulate on pointer and will result in inaccurate readings. If salt crystallizes inside your unit, soak it in lukewarm water or vinegar for 30 minutes, rinse with fresh water and allow to air dry. Rinse again with warm fresh water before next use.
Each AccuProbe® Hydrometer is assigned an individual certified calibration number which is your assurance the unit was finely tuned prior to shipping from our production facility to provide the most accurate reading possible.
Most orders leave our warehouse within 2-4 business days. So you can feel confident that your order will arrive when you need it.
Please provide a street address if you choose Free shipping, Canpar or Purolator as your shipping method.
Both Canpar and Purolator shipments will require a signature upon delivery unless you have requested the shipment to be left at your front door with "no signature required". *Please note that neither Petland nor the delivery service is liable for any lost or stolen packages if you have requested the shipment to be left at your front door.
Petland.ca customers have toll-free access to highly trained customer service reps for solutions to a variety of pet questions. Contact us with any questions or concerns.