Fritz Catappa Leaves
Online Price $19.97
This product is currently sold out.
The benefits of tannins in aquariums have been widely studied and documented. We can rely on them as an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent, preventing some infections of fish and fish eggs. Algae growth can be slowed or eliminated, and pest snails and crustacean populations are controlled. Species that prefer low pH and soft water will thrive, showing vibrant colorations and increased spawning behavior.
Catappa leaves are commonly used in the hobby to create blackwater biotope aquariums, as shelter for fish, shrimp, and fry, as well as for their healing properties. They provide shade, sites for bubble nests, spawning sites and hiding places for fry, and food sources for many ornamental shrimp species. Catappa Leaves also add tannins, lower pH, have anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, control pest snail populations, and enhance coloration and increase spawning behavior.
- Great for Bubble Nests and Spawning
- Provides Hiding Spaces for Fry
- Naturally Adds Tannins and Humic Acid
- Anti-Fungal and Anti-Bacterial Properties
- Great for Freshwater Shrimp
- Ideal for Betta and Biotope Systems
- 10 Leaves Per Pack
Directions & Dosage:
Recommended application: Use one leaf per 10 gallons (38L). Add directly to aquarium or pre-soak for faster sinking. Replace when tissue is decomposed or consumed.
- No equipment restrictions necessary
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Tannic acid can lower pH, monitor pH with a test kit during use and limit any change to 0.2 pH units per day if livestock are present
- Safe for invertebrates
- Overdosed? Observe livestock for distress, perform small water changes if needed