You LOVE talking to people! You are absolutely committed to providing every guest with amazing service and helping them find solutions for all their pet’s needs. You are dedicated to educating our guests about the four basic needs of their animals and you have a thirst for knowledge that drives you to always learn more about every pet.
You’re not afraid of hard work and love to keep busy, helping the team everyday; caring for the animals, helping with merchandising, cleaning; whatever the task, you’re up for the challenge. You play a center-stage role in creating lasting relationships with our guests, causing them to want to return to our stores for all their pet’s needs.
What’s in a career for me at Petland?
- Opportunity for growth and advancement-75% of Petland’s leaders began their careers as Pet Counsellors. Opportunities for change and movement are plentiful!
- Petland University classes-offering an opportunity to expand your pet care knowledge and management classes and seminars to assist your development both personally and professionally. We invest more than a half million dollars annually into the development of our teams by offering free classes for you to attend to build your skills.
- Support of a team-even on your toughest days, you can always come to work and feel good about being part of a family atmosphere that picks you up when you are down.
- Integrity-be confident in the knowledge that we have a 100% adoption rate!
- Passion-work in a company which allows you to live with passion and excitement for your work, the animals, the guests in the store and most importantly, for you.
- Impact-be part of something BIG! Even the newest voice is heard. Help us change the world! Be part of your community with us- participate in hamster races, dog washes, fundraisers for rescue adoption partnerships, birthday parties and so much more!
- FUN!-We are a company which is successful because of our ability to get the job done while still having fun. We take five minutes every day to create a “magical” experience for a guest and their family. Hug a kitten, walk a blue tongue skink on a leash; the opportunities to have and create fun exist everywhere!