You always manage to find a way to inspire others around you. Your sense of fun is balanced with a true concern for each guest which visits your store. You have amazing leadership skills along with a great business background. You understand that the sales and success of the store are your responsibility and work hard to create an environment where all team members are led to success through your efforts.
Your communication skills enable you to be a strong mentor who will develop a team of service-focused, operationally balanced members. You care deeply for animals; always ensuring their care in your store meets Petland standards. You have an un-quenchable thirst for knowledge and you’re always willing to ensure your team goes above and beyond to create a “WOW” experience for every person who enters the store.
What’s in a career for me at Petland?
Opportunity for growth and advancement-75% of Petland’s leaders began their careers as Pet Counsellors. Opportunities for change and movement are plentiful!
Petland University classes-offering an opportunity to expand your pet care knowledge and management classes and seminars to assist your development both personally and professionally. We invest more than a half million dollars annually into the development of our teams by offering free classes for you to attend to build your skills.
Health and Benefits Package-our full time team members enjoy a generous health care plan, and after five years with the management team, an excellent RRSP program kicks in.
Cash Bonus Program-based on tangible, achievable measures, those who rock the show in guest service are rewarded with an excellent monthly bonus.
Support of a team-even on your toughest days, you can always come to work and feel good about being part of a family atmosphere that picks you up when you are down.
Integrity-be confident in the knowledge that we have a 100% adoption rate!
Passion-work in a company which allows you to live with passion and excitement for your work, the animals, the guests in the store and most importantly, for you.
Impact-be part of something BIG! Even the newest voice is heard. Help us change the world! Be part of your community with us- participate in hamster races, dog washes, fundraisers for rescue adoption partnerships, birthday parties and so much more!
FUN!-We are a company which is successful because of our ability to get the job done while still having fun. We take five minutes every day to create a “magical” experience for a guest and their family. Hug a kitten, walk a blue tongue skink on a leash; the opportunities to have and create fun exist everywhere!
Our Mission Statement
Our pet counsellors are dedicated to matching the right pet with the right guest and meeting the needs of both.
To our guests who already own pets, we are dedicated to enhancing their knowledge and enjoyment of the human-animal bond.
About Petland Canada
It is our desire at Petland to make a difference in the communities we serve. For more than 40 years, Petland has been the retail pet industry leader in the area of animal care with ongoing staff training programs, in-store animal care systems and community service programs aimed at placing homeless pets and curbing pet overpopulation in the community.
Petland is excited to be hiring to fill our Store Manager positions in Calgary. We are looking for motivated and driven candidates to fill these full time position.
Our culture is focused on Customer Service, ensuring our customers have a great shopping experience in our stores. Your job is to be excited about living our mission statement every day, and loving your job! Petland offers room for advancement in a positive and supportive work environment. We believe in a great work life balance and growing our people into the best they can be.
Here’s what you will get to do:
- Customer Service- you get to ensure our customers are getting that "WOW" experience by being available and willing to ensure all guests leave our store wanting to come back.
- Animal Care- at Petland our animal care standards are top in the industry; that means you get to help us ensure our animals are happy and healthy, and find them great homes.
- Presentation- Customers like to shop in a clean and well presented environment, and that means a big part of your job will be helping the team meet all our customers’ expectations.
This means you will be responsible for:
- Sales managing
- All staffing related duties
- Store Operations
- Customer Service
Here’s what you bring to the table:
- Willing attitude- always ready and excited to try and learn something new and eager to help out your team mates.
- Dedication - drive to make your store the best Pet Store in Red Deer! This means you are loyal and dependable.
- Empathy - you care about animals and our guests, you are always willing to do what it takes to ensure our pets and our customer’s pets are happy and healthy.
- Experience working with teams of 20 members. Including everything from HR related tasks and staff coaching and motivating.
- Belief that work needs to be a fun and supportive environment, where all members work together to achieve company directives.
- Open schedule, and able to work evenings and weekends.
#CalgaryJobs #PetlandJobs #ManagementJobs #YYCJobs